Submitted by: Robin M.
This recipe originates from around 1970 when granola was all the rage. My mother got this recipe from her friend, Pat. It is still loved as a delicious and healthy breakfast food.
- 6 cups whole oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Mix dry ingredients, oats, wheat germ, coconut and brown sugar until well mixed in a bowl.
- Add oil and honey and toss until evenly mixed.
- Put on flat baking pan or cookie sheet to bake at 300 degrees for one hour.
- Stir the mixture every 15 minutes to evenly bake.
- After it cools you can add raisins or other nuts and dried fruits to your preference, but it is very good as is.