This surprisingly rich-tasting dessert from Marta Stewart is filled with whipped cottage cheese and almonds, and drizzled with a bit of melted apricot jam.
Prep : 20 min
Total Time : 25
Mins Servings : 4
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 cup (8 ounces) low-fat whipped cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 store-bought crepes (6-inch), room temperature, sliced in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. Spread almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet; bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Let cool slightly. Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cottage cheese, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in almonds. Dollop 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on the short end of each crepe half; carefully roll into a tight cylinder.
- Place crepes, seam side down and 1 inch apart, on a baking sheet. Bake until warmed through and beginning to brown on edges, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat jam and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over medium heat (or in the microwave) until jam is liquefied; whisk to combine. With a thin-edge metal spatula, carefully transfer 2 crepes to each of four plates. Drizzle with apricot sauce; sprinkle with reserved almonds. Serve immediately.
If you can’t find whipped cottage cheese, you can use the regular (low-fat) variety in the same amount; place in the food processor, and blend until smooth.