Make it a feast on a Saturday morning. Treat the kids to an apple cinnamon bread pudding. Perfect for a party of five or more.
Cook Time: 2
Mins Serving : 4
- 3 bagels, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter plus more for buttering dish
- 2 small apples, peeled, halved, cored and cut into 1/4-inch thick wedges
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly butter a 1 1/2 quart pie plate or ceramic baking dish.
- Toss apple wedges in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over moderate heat and cook apples, turning occasionally, until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to prepared dish with bagel pieces. Whisk together half and half, eggs, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until combined well. Pour mixture over apples and bagel pieces.
- Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bake in middle of oven until puffed and golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cool pudding to warm on rack for about 1 hour (pudding will set as it cools)….Bone Appetite!